Centre for Language Studies and Generic development
Universiti Malaysia Kelantan
ASIA – AFRICA DESTITUTE RELIEF FUND (ADRF) MALAYSIA
- ADRF Malaysia is the local chapter of an international NGO namely Asia – Africa Destitute Relief Fund (ADRF) which focuses its activity on volunteerism among local university students.
- PBI have signed a Letter of Understanding with ADRF in November 2012
- As a result of that cooperation, PBI have formed a UMK – ADRF Club, where 25 UMK students have registered as members.
Activities with ADRF Malaysia
Up to now we have had 3 activities with ADRF Malaysia, that is :-
UMK – ENGLISH LANGUAGE VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME – ELVP
- In our effort to provide our students with as many opportunities as possible to practise communicating in English language, the Centre for Language Studies & Generic Development (PBI ) of Universiti Malaysia Kelantan, PBI have introduced the UMK – English Language Volunteer Programme
BACKGROUND OF PROGRAMME
- Foreign students, who are native speakers of the English Language, will be invited to spent 2 – 4 months stay at UMK, preferably during the summer holidays so as not to disrupt their studies. During their stay here, they will take part in as many activities and events as possible with our UMK students, thus allowing our students to communicate in the English Language with their foreign counterparts.
OBJECTIVE OF UMK – ELVP
- To create as many opportunities as possible for UMK students to communicate in the English Language through activities and events
- To allow intercultural learning experiences to happen for both groups of students
- To create a platform for international networking and collaborations
- To develop transformational leadership skills among the students